The Town of Gibsons has received United Nations recognition as the “most liveable community with a population under 20,000” and the local water has also been judged to be the purest in North America.
The summer weather in Gibsons is exceptionally pleasant, but we have to have the odd shower to maintain our famous rain forests, and sometimes the sun gets a little strong and a hat may be needed!
The School meets in a new and larger venue in 2021. High Beam Dreams is located in Lower Gibsons and classes will follow COVID-19 safe procedures.
Instructor: Peggy Burkosky AFCA
Subject: Light and Mood in Watercolour
Level: Beginners to Intermediate
Let the loose brushwork and ﬁne control available in watercolour capture the charm of street scenes in cities, old towns and villages in this informative 4-day workshop with popular AFCA instructor Peggy Burkosky.
Explore altering mood and atmosphere with passion. Plenty of handouts will accompany demonstrations with class paint-alongs and practical tips on the timing and consistency of watercolour paint to wet and dry surfaces.
What to expect:
Day 1 – 2
• Design principles and elements that build strong, conﬁdent planning
• Practical tips on palette, values, light source, composition and timing of applying washes to paper
• Paint along with demos or explore at your own pace
Day 3 – 4
• Alter mood and atmosphere
• Negative painting
• Tips on perspective drawing made simple
• Figurative elements
• Optional critiques
Download available for supplies list
Peggy is a member of these fine art groups:
- AFCA Signature Member Federation of Canadian Artists
- Northwest Watercolour Society
- International Plein Air Painters
- International Watercolour Society – Canada
- VAWAA (Vacation With An Artist) International Art Instructor
Peggy Burkosky is a traditional watercolour and oils painter, illustrator in charcoal/conte portrait artist and instructor. For over 35 years her work has taken her on teaching and exhibiting travels throughout Canada, USA, England, Italy, Japan and Croatia. She received training in commercial design and illustration in the corporate sign industry in Vancouver Canada, and designed for corporations for over a twelve year period from 1973 to 1985. She has had extensive training in watercolour painting and portraiture including workshops at the Federation of Canadian Artists workshops, the Metchosin School of the Arts and Fabriano in Aquarello International symposium workshops in Fabriano Italy (2015)