Now scheduling Summer/Fall/Winter 2018
Are you ready for an intensive 2 day watercolour workshop with your painting group?
I’d like to hear from you. Having just returned from stunning Croatia with streets full of beautiful and ancient architecture, I’m re-charged and ready to explore exciting street scene and seascape subjects. Here’s a sample sneak preview of what you can expect in a 2 day workshop:
Lighting and Mood in Street Scenes
With Peggy Burkosky AFCA
Let the loose brushwork and fine control available in watercolour capture the charm of street scenes in cities, old towns and villages in this informative 2-day workshop with popular AFCA instructor Peggy Burkosky from Vancouver Island.
- Explore altering mood and atmosphere with passion. Plenty of handouts will accompany demonstrations with class paint-alongs and practical tips on the timing and consistency of watercolour paint to wet and dry surfaces.What to expect:
(optional) Fri evening session –
- demo simple street scene close-up
Day 1 –
- design principles and elements that build strong, confident planning
- practical tips on palette, values, light source, composition, and timing of applying washes to paper
- paint along with demos or explore at your own pace
- tips on perspective drawing made simple
Day 2 –