What keeps Peggy busy these days is teaching workshops and painting in beautiful locations - from her native British Columbia Canada to Japan, Italy, Croatia and beyond. Her amazingly blessed journey started back in her 20 something days some 40 years ago when she apprenticed under the accomplished Swiss art director Willie Westman in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. His training in commercial design renderings, all "old school" by hand, opened up an appreciation for the painterly side of hand renderings and sparked a passion to paint.
Peggy is a traditional watercolour and oils painter, illustrator in charcoal/conte portrait artist and instructor. She has had extensive training in watercolour painting and portraiture including workshops at the Federation of Canadian Artists workshops, the Metchosin School of the Arts and Fabriano in Aquarello International symposium workshops in Fabriano Italy (2015).
Recent Highlights 2020
• 2020 – Awarded Honorary Signature Member International Plein Air Painters
• 2019 – Solo Exhibition: Gallery ExaART, Osaka Japan
• 2018 - Awarded Federation of Canadian Artists AFCA Signature Status
• 2018 - Federation of Canadian Artists Signature Medal Award
• 2016 - 2018: Federation of Canadian Artists Success Exhibit; 1st 2nd Place & Honourable Mention Awards Federation of Canadian Artists Juried Exhibitions
• 2017 - Featured Artist Heritage House Publications Best Seller “Beckoned By The Sea - Women at Work on the Cascadia Coast” by Sylvia Taylor
• 2017: Solo Exhibition - Gallery ExaART - Kyoto JAPAN
• 2016: Travel the World Exhibit - Gallery ExaART - Kyoto JAPAN
• 2015: Fabriano in Watercolour International Exhibit, Fabriano ITALY
• 2015 - 2017: En Plein Air Grand Prix Awards
• 2014: Tokyo National Art Museum JAPAN – People’s Choice Award; New Face Award
Ikki-kai Exhibition; Hokkaido JAPAN – Gold Award
• 2013: Solo Exhibit – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA
• 2010: TOSH Masters – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA
• 2005 – 1992: Solo Exhibits – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA; Vancouver Island CANADA Brant Festival Art Exhibitions 1st Place, Honourable Mentions & People’s Choice Awards
• Joint Exhibition of Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour (ENGLAND) & Federation of Canadian Artists at Frye Art Museum, Seattle USA & CANADA House Gallery,
Peggy believes that painting should be a joyful and freeing experience that respects the need for disciplined fundamental design principles. She has a passion for encouraging and building confidence no matter what stage of artistic development.
Peggy’s popular and skillful approach simplifies and de-mystifies the handling of pigment, working from a limited palette and value scale with recommended materials for the best results. Her sessions are well-researched with plenty of resource hand-outs devoted to your needs.